Call For Papers
MENA – AIS is a chapter of the Association for Information Systems (AIS). It is the premier academic association for individuals and organizations who lead the research, teaching, practice, and study of different areas of information systems in the MENA region.
Every year, MENA – AIS organizes MENACIS, the Middle East & North Africa Conference for Information System, a regional conference affiliated with AIS.
This year, MENACIS 2021 will be held on 11-14 November 2021 in Agadir, Morocco in hybrid format. MENACIS 2021 invites academics and researchers from all over the world, but also especially from the MENA region, to reflect on innovative research in information systems, from the point of view of a rapidly changing world.
We welcome submissions – either as full research papers or research in progress – that analyses the equalizing role digital technologies play in different aspects of contemporary life.
While the theme of this conference reflects research in the MENA Region, all research topics are welcomed.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative Information Systems in the MENA Region
- Trends of Information Systems and innovation Ecosystems in the MENA region
- IS in the service of innovation ecosystems in the MENA region
- Information systems solutions during COVID-19
- The impact of COVID-19 on education, industry, individual, and society
- IS/ IT in the period of crisis: issues and value creation
- Opportunities and challenges of innovative information systems
- Digital learning and online learning platforms during pandemics
- Digital transformation and the future of work
- Digital and social aspects in the digital era
- Ethics and Information Technology
- IS Education
- IS healthcare
Accepted Papers will need to show both relevance and methodological rigor.
The best contributions will be published in:
- The Data Base For Advances In Information Systems Journal (Q1).
- Springer volume “Lecture notes in Information Systems and Organization” series, indexed on Scopus.
- AIS Library.
- IBIMA Business Review Journal (IBIMABR) : indexed on Scopus (Q3).
- Revue Management & Innovation (for contributions in French and English) : indexed CAIRN
At least one author for each accepted paper should attend the conference, presenting her/his contribution.
We invite you to submit completed research papers, and short papers (research in progress) to MENACIS 2021. The body of the submission (text, figures, tables, references, and appendices) should be stored in one single file and must use the MENACIS 2021 format. All figures and illustrations must be inserted into your Word.doc or Word.docx file as either JPG or GIF format (other formats or embedded graphic objects will not be converted to PDF correctly). Any submission that does not use this template or deviates from the formatting requirements will be rejected without review. Here is the template adapted from the ICIS.